Just when you think you’ve experienced all there is to love about bacon, you learn about cannabis-infused bacon. Aside from the marvel that is the union of these two royalties, the real ingenuity lies in utilizing the bacon fat for activation of the THC in the cannabis (similar to cannabis-infused guacamole). This allows the preparation of a medicinal meal using the raw plant, as opposed to purchasing or preparing cannabis oil or butter. Further, the versatility this offers is invigorating; is there a dish that isn’t improved with the addition of bacon? Let your mind run wild.
- Bacon, sliced
- Cannabis, ground into a fine powder
- Preheat oven to 225°F. Spread the ground cannabis onto a cookie sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
- Place the desired number of bacon strips (let’s not kid ourselves here, you’ll probably use the whole package) on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Once the cannabis is done baking, remove and preheat the oven to 275 °F. Sprinkle the baked ground cannabis over each strip of bacon, adding more or less depending on the desired potency (it may be easier and/or faster to use a salt shaker for this process).
- Bake the bacon for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip the strips, and sprinkle cannabis over the other side. Bake for another 10 minutes. Enjoy!
All leftover fat on the cookie sheet is medicinally active, so you may want to save it and get creative! One quick option is to soak up the grease with bread and voila: cannabis bacon bread. You could also use it as an oil substitute for egg scrambles, stir fry, etc.