Laying around the other morning I was craving something sweet for breakfast. My husband loves pineapple upside-down cakes and me… anything banana is a good time. Having several very ripe bananas and some homemade infused banana liqueur, I present to you:
Directions For Making Banana Upside-Down Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350f. Lightly grease muffin pan.
- Place 2 tsp of cannabutter, and 2 tsp of canna brown sugar in each muffin tin.
- Bake until the mixture of the brown sugar and butter is melted and bubbling. Approx 10
minutes. Remove from oven and slightly cool
- Peel and cut bananas into circular pieces. Place two banana slices on the bottom and
then place slices around the sides of the muffin pan.
- To make the muffins: sift together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, canna salt in
- In a separate bowl whisk 1⁄2 cup canna brown sugar, canna coconut oil, eggs, canna
milk, canna banana liqueur, sludge, and canna vanilla extract.
- Make a “well” in the bowl with the flour mixture. Pour the brown sugar/oil mixture into the
well and stir till blended. Do Not Over Mix.
- Spoon batter into each of the muffin tins
- Bake until the center of the muffin springs back when touched, Approx 15-18 minutes
Invert while still warm and cool on the wire rack.
This recipe can be halved. Since there is only me and my hubby, I usually only make 1⁄2 portions. These are best within a day or two. Not only can this muffin be eaten at breakfast but make a wonderful dessert. Just heat in the microwave for an approx a minute, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and drizzle canna banana liqueur!
WARNING these are really potent. We originally had great plans for running errands and having lunch out the morning I made them. But we each had a muffin and a gummy. We didn’t
move until a good majority of the daylight was gone. ENJOY!!