When the Winter blues call for a pick-me-up, nothing hits the spot better than this warm, sweet, and medicated butternut squash soup.
•1 (2 to 3 pound) butternut squash, peeled and seeded
•1 tbsp. unmedicated unsalted butter
•1 tsp. vegetable oil
•1 medium white onion (small dice)
•1 small red pepper (small dice)
•5 cups low sodium chicken stock
•Salt and pepper
•1 ½ tbsp. cannabutter
•Optional addition: a dollop of crème Fraiche, sour cream, or plain Greek yogurt
- Cut squash into 1-inch chunks, and set aside.
- In a large stockpot melt unmedicated butter and vegetable oil.
- Add diced onion, red pepper, and a pinch of salt.
- Cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- This will take around 8 minutes.
- Add squash and stock to the pot, bring to a simmer, and cook until squash is tender. (Approx. 15 to 20 minutes).
- Remove squash chunks with a slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree. Return blended squash to pot.
- Stir and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Last, add cannabutter and gently stir for 4 minutes ensuring even distribution.
- Serve with a dollop of crème Fraiche.