This classic chicken soup comes to life with the canna-dumplings. You don’t have to have chicken soup when you are sick anymore! This soup is perfect for any day of the week.
Chicken Soup Ingredients:
1 49 ounce can of chicken broth
½ lb. chicken breasts, skinned and boneless
1 medium onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, sliced
1 cup sliced or baby carrots
½ cup chopped dill or parsley
Chicken Soup Directions:
1. In a large saucepot combine the broth with the chicken and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove any particles that float to the top.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for another 45 minutes. Remove the chicken, cut in pieces, and return to the pot. While the chicken is simmering, prepare the dumplings.
1. In the bowl of a food processor mix flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Pulse.
2. Add cold canna-butter and pulse until crumbly.
3. Add milk to form a soft dough that begins to form a ball. This recipe makes 6 good size dumplings.
4. Drop the dumplings into the simmering soup.
5. Cover and cook for 15 minutes without lifting the lid. When the dumplings are done they will have floated to the top of the pot.