This simple salad of fresh tomatoes and sweet corn will breathe new life into your summer picnic or backyard barbecue. Pair it with grilled burgers or steaks for a simple weeknight meal.
- 5 cups sweet white corn kernels (from about 7 to 8 medium cobs)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive canna-oil
- 1 10-ounce container cherry or pear tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup small-dice red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Prepare an ice water bath by filling a large bowl halfway with ice and water; set aside. Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the corn kernels and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and place in the ice water bath until cool, about 4 minutes.
- Combine the lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a large, nonreactive bowl. While continuously whisking, add the canna-oil in a steady stream until completely incorporated. Add the remaining ingredients and the cooled corn and toss until well coated. Serve.