There’s nothing that compares to a well-made chicken pot pie. Except for maybe this recipe, which makes your traditional pie medicated. Enjoy a delicious combo of chicken, vegetables, and of course the crust (my favorite part) in this simple recipe. As always, you can choose to share or keep it all to yourself. Either way, this recipe is perfect for a chilly fall or winter night and will leave you full and medicated!
Canna Pot Pies
- 2 ready-made pie crusts
- 4 cups of chicken broth (or turkey/vegetable)
- 2 cups of cooked and shredded chicken (I added 5 TBS of canna cocoa butter when I cooked my chicken)
- ½ cup of peas (frozen)
- 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- 4 tablespoons of cannabutter
- 3 potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 3 full-sized carrots (chopped and peeled)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 egg
- 1 cooking onion (diced)
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and while you wait for it to warm up, toss 4 TBS cannabutter in a saucepan along with the onion and sauté for two minutes.
- Once the onion chunks begin to soften, add the rest of the uncooked raw veggies, and cook everything together over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the cooking vegetables and mix it in, then wait another 2 or 3 minutes for the combination to thicken.
- Add the chicken broth to the saucepan with the veggies and bring the whole thing to a simmer.
- Once the saucepan reaches a nice light simmer, toss in the potatoes and cook everything together, stirring the dish frequently until the potatoes are soft.
- Now you can season the chicken pot pie filling, with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Finally, add all the chicken and peas to the saucepan and heat the mixture until the peas are defrosted and warm.
- Gently fill one of the pre-made pie crusts and use the other to seal everything inside.
- Use a knife to cut between 5-8 slices into the upper crust. This step is required to allow for the steam to release as the chicken pot pie cooks, and if you skip this step, your pie could explode. Each slit should be at least 2-4 inches long to be sufficient.
- The final step is the egg coating, which is applied by gently whisking an egg in a small bowl then using a sauce brush to lightly apply it to the entire top surface.
- Bake in the oven till crust is light golden brown