We love the nutty taste of quinoa in this summery stew, a great quick dish to add to your repertoire so that you can come home and rustle up supper with no fuss.
Yields 4 Servings
What You Need:
- large saucepan
- ½ cup raw quinoa
- ¼ cup CannaOil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 ½ cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup fresh zucchini, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup scallions, chopped
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer under cold running water. Set aside to drain.
- Warm the CannaOil slowly in a large saucepan, add the onions and salt, cover, and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the drained quinoa, potatoes, bell peppers, coriander, cumin, oregano, black pepper, vegetable stock, tomatoes, and zucchini. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until all of the veggies are tender. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Garnish scallions and serve.