How to make cannabutter chocolate truffles.
These rich and decadent chocolate truffles made with cannabis-infused butter in the Ganache as well as the outer coating chocolate for your Holiday pleasure!
YIELDS 36 Servings
- PREP TIME 2 hrs
- COOK TIME 2 hrs
- TOTAL TIME 4 hrs
- 3 – 5 grams of cannabis flowers
- ½ cup (1 stick) + 2 tbsp. Unsalted Real Butter
- 1 lb. Semisweet or Bittersweet chocolate
- 8 oz. Dipping & Coating Compound Chocolate – Any Flavor(s)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract (Optional or other optional flavorings/ add-ins)
- Grind or chop the cannabis flowers then Decarboxylate by heating in the oven at 250 ° F for 25 minutes.
- Clarify ½ cup of your butter by heating over medium high heat and skimming off the white milk solids and foam that separate to the top.
- Infuse the decarbed cannabis in the clarified butter over a double boiler for 1 hour.
- Strain the butter from the cannabis then return the cannabis to the double boiler and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Allow that butter to infuse while you continue with the recipe keeping an eye on the water underneath to insure it barely simmers and does not dry out.
- Put 1lb dark or semisweet chocolate in large mixing bowl. Do not melt the chocolate.
- Bring cream slowly to a light boil in a heavy saucepan or in the microwave.
- Pour boiling cream over the chocolate and keep stirring until all the chocolate has melted.
- Add Infused butter (And flavoring such as vanilla if using) and stir well.
- When the ganache is warm it’s creamy and it will thicken as you whisking it vigorously for a couple of minutes until very smooth. Stop when whisking if you see air bubbles.
- Cover the bowl of ganache and freeze about 1 ½ – 2 hours until firm. You want the ganache to be thick enough to easily form the truffle balls.
- Form 1″ round balls by using a small ice cream scoop/melon baller. Shape into smooth balls.
If not dipping in chocolate you can now roll them in toasted nuts, dust with cocoa, or cover with chocolate sprinkles.Dip in Chocolate
- Return ganache balls to the freezer until firm again.
- While the chocolate balls are in the freezer, remove butter and cannabis from the double boiler and strain the butter from the cannabis.
- Melt dipping chocolate in a double boiler and add the cannabutter until it is melted and smooth.
- After the chocolate balls are firm, use a Stainless Steel Dipping Fork to dip each ball in the melted chocolate. Tap the dipping fork on the side of the pan to get excess chocolate off the truffle. Place the balls on wax/ parchment paper or smooth plastic plates.
- Let the chocolate set-up (harden) on a level shelf in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes to fully set.
- Keep chilled in an airtight container until ready to serve.