Hazelnut chocolate will forever be one of my guilty pleasures, and these homemade Ferrero Rocher truffles combine all the flavors I love in bite-sized packages.
All you need are 8 ingredients for dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free, hazelnut truffles that can be also made refined sugar-free!
- 2 cup (10oz/284) roasted hazelnuts
- ½ Cup (2oz/57g) cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (5oz/142g) maple syrup (agave or honey)
- 1 cup (6oz/170g) Chocolate, melted
- 1 cup (5oz/142g) roughly chopped hazelnuts (to garnish)
- Add the hazelnuts into a food processor (keep aside 40-45 hazelnuts for the center) and blend into a fine paste-like consistency. It takes 2-3 minutes.
- Add cocoa powder, vanilla extract, salt, and maple syrup and blend until the ingredients start to stick together in just 20 seconds. You NEED the mix to be sticky and not dry. if it is not shapable then continue to blend
- Roll into small balls, inserting a hazelnut into the center. Once they are all rolled, place them in the fridge for an hour minimum to set them.
- Once set, dip each Ferrero Rocher in the melted chocolate. Let any excess chocolate drip off.
- Then toss them in the chopped hazelnuts and coat them all over. Place them on a tray lined with parchment.
- Store in the fridge until ready to enjoy. They will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days.