Here’s another excellent way to pump up your day if you feel down and uninterested, try out this Cannabutter Gummies Recipe and make a batch of these potent, sugary bites that can surely deliver when you need it. This edible is a superb way for the fast delivery of cannabinoids to your system plus a dose of a sugar rush. Here we will show you how to make cannabis gummies with cannabutter the simple way! What is excellent about this recipe is all the ingredients are readily available in your regular grocery stores and you won’t need any special tools to do this! So, what are we waiting for? Let’s get this Cannabutter Gummies going!
How to Make Gummies with Cannabutter
- Prepare some iced water in a large stockpot, which will be used to stop the cooking of our Cannabutter Gummies.
- Melt your Knox Gelatine in a bowl with 1/2 cup boiling water or juice. Mix thoroughly and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- In your double boiler over low-medium heat, add in 1 box of Jell-O and add 1/2 cup of boiling water. Mix well until fully dissolved.
- Add in your 1/2 Cup Corn Syrup and 1/2 tsp Citric Acid. Mix well until fully incorporated
- Add in the Gelatin mix that we have made earlier. This would have already set, so break it into smaller pieces to melt quicker. Mix continuously until everything is fully dissolved. Make sure to check the water in the bottom pot, it should not boil hard but instead should be simmering softly. Lower or increase heat accordingly.
- Add in your 1/2 cup Cannabutter (you can increase it to 3/4 cup if you want it to be more potent). Mix until well incorporated.
- Add in your Guar Gum, by sifting it using a strainer directly onto the Cannabutter gummies mixture. This time, we need to use our hand mixer to fully emulsify the mixture. Mix this for a good 5 minutes.
- Add this point, this is where you add your preferred flavoring and food coloring. Use the hand mixer again to fully incorporate.
- Now, prepare your whisk and add in your Clear Jel, one tablespoon at a time, and make sure to mix well. Mix continuously until the Cannabutter Gummies mixture becomes thick and has a smooth texture. Once done, set aside.
- In the smaller stockpot, add in 1 Cup of sugar and 1/2 Cup Corn Syrup, and 1/2 Cup of water(replace water with sugar to make sugar cannabutter gummies). Mix continuously over medium-low heat and allow to boil softly. Make sure to scrape the edges as sugar tends to burn quickly.
- Once the Sugar syrup is boiling, stop stirring and position your candy thermometer on the side of the pot. Let it boil and reach a temperature of 250 degrees F.
- During this time, ready the iced water bath that we prepared in step one. Once the syrup reaches the desired temperature. Pull the pot off of the heat and douse the bottom into the cold water and allow the temperature to drop to 240 degrees F.
- Once down to 240 degrees F. Mix in the Cannabutter infused gummies mixture we have prepared earlier. Use the hand mixer again to incorporate everything together. Continue mixing until the Cannabis infused gummy mix has cooled enough to handle.
- Pour your Cannabutter gummies mixture into the condiment bottles. This is to make it easier to fill in your gummy molds.
- Once gummy molds are all filled, place them in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours, or better to have them overnight to let them settle and firm up.
- Once settled and firmed up. Prepare a big bowl filled with your Sour Sugar Mix, sugar, and citric acid, to use for coating each Cannabutter Gummy. Unmold each gummy (they may come out sticky) and dunk them directly into the sour sugar mix. Make sure to coat Cannabutter gummy properly to avoid sticking in the container.
- Store in a dry and airtight container and Viola! You now have your own Cannabutter gummies or Cannabutter infused Gummies ready to enjoy!