How to make cannabis tincture in your freezer
- Finely grind 4 grams of high-quality marijuana buds
- Decarb your flower using the steps in Master Wu’s recipe above
- Add to a small mason jar with a tight seal. Cover with very cold Everclear (190 proof grain alcohol) or Bacardi 151
- Shake for a few minutes and place in a dark paper bag to block light.
- Shake vigorously each day for 1 minute for 2-4 months. Preferably 6-12 months.
- Strain, squeezing plant material tightly. Filter using a coffee filter. Pre-moisten filter with plain Everclear to avoid absorption of the tincture.
The potency of cannabis freezer tinctures depends on how much total yield you get and how long it was extracted. You can factor in the potency using the formula used in Master Wu’s recipe above. The longer it sits and the more you shake it will affect potency, up to a point.
This Everclear freezer preparation can also use kief. I’ve never tried it with concentrates as I wasn’t sure they’d dissolve fully without heat, I usually use Master Wu’s recipe when making a tincture with concentrated marijuana products.
Cold temperatures help prevent the chlorophyll in the weed from leeching into the alcohol. Try placing your mason jar of Everclear in the freezer the day before to ensure it’s cold throughout the entire process.
- Master Wu’s Green Dragon Tincture recipe (can be consumed right away)
- Cold extract cannabis tincture in the freezer (takes a few months to brew)
- Quick extract method (not recommended)