We list candy apples along with pumpkin spice lattes and apple crisps as must-makes when fall rolls around. This particular recipe calls for minimal ingredients, but one piece of required equipment: a candy thermometer. Trust us when we say that it’ll make this recipe a whole lot easier.
Learn how to make beautiful decorative canna candy apples. 2 versions 1 with cannabutter and 1 with canna sugar and syrup.
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup water
2 tbs cannabutter
1/2 tsp soy or sunflower lecithin
Canna Sugar Version:
- Grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Line with parchment and grease parchment with cooking spray.
- Insert a wooden stick into the top of each apple, pushing about halfway through. Set aside.
- In a medium heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat, combine sugar, 3/4 cup water, corn syrup, and food coloring and bring to a boil. Insert candy thermometer and continue to boil until temperature reaches between 300° and 310°, about 15 to 20 minutes. Immediately remove from heat.
- Working quickly and carefully—coating will be extremely hot—coat apples in candy mixture and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Let cool completely before serving.