When I became interested in cooking with cannabis, it opened a whole new avenue of cooking for me.
I would spend numerous amounts of time in the grocery store thinking about how I would be able to infuse or incorporate all these everyday items.
Living in the South, I have access to a wonderful farmers market with so many fresh fruits and vegetables just begging to be infused.
This very same day at the Market one of the vendors had beautiful ripe blueberries that were extremely discounted. With these presenting factors, my mind raced to Infused Blueberry Jam.
Infuse Blueberry Jam
- 3.5 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup canna sugar
- 3 tbs tincture
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest from above lime
- ½ tsp tincture soaked vanilla beans or vanilla extract (I have a bottle in my pantry that I have soaked vanilla beans with the tincture. I periodically add more tincture and vanilla beans)
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, add blueberries, cannasugar, and lime juice. Cook, stirring frequently so that the berries can release their juice. Bring to boil.
- Continue cooking until jam is thickened (approx 10-15 minutes) If you want a thicker jam you can add some sure jell
- Add tincture, lime zest, and vanilla extract till combined
- Cool to room temperature then transfer to a glass jar
- Store in refrigerator
Helpful Hints: This recipe is for Refrigerator Jam. You can adapt this recipe and follow the canning process of sealing and sterilizing to make shelf-stable
Recipe makes (4) 4 oz jars you can double or triple recipe