These homemade infused candies are softer than store-bought. They’ve got that classic, fun appeal that people really love.
Total: 4 hr 25 min (includes cooling and chilling times)
Active: 15 min
Yield: 75 gumdrops
- Two 1/4-ounce envelopes of unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup infused granulated sugar, plus more for coating
- One 3-ounce package cherry-flavored gelatin
- Granulated infused red sugar, for coating
- Coarse infused white sugar, for coating
- Sprinkle the unflavored gelatin over 1/2 cup water to soften; set aside.
- Put the granulated sugar and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the cherry-flavored gelatin to the pan, followed by the softened unflavored gelatin. Stir and remove from the heat. Continue stirring until the gelatins are dissolved, 1 to 2 minutes. Strain into a measuring cup and let cool for 5 minutes; it will be warm but not yet set. Pour the liquid into the molds. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the gumdrops from the molds and place them onto wax paper. Coat some in granulated red sugar, some in granulated white sugar, and some in coarse white sugar; return to the wax paper. Store in a cool dry place until ready to eat.