3 Ways to Clean a Bong
Nothing ruins the taste of a good smoke like a dirty bong. Fortunately, there are some pretty easy and reliable ways to clean your bong both generally and extensively. To make and keep your bong clean, do a basic cleaning, get those tough areas and stains, and take good care of your bong.
Method 1- Doing a Basic Cleaning
2. Empty the bong and rinse and fill it with warm water. While wearing your latex gloves, empty out your bong as well as you can. Pour out old bong water and remove any spent herb. Then give it a good rinse with warm water to remove any remaining solid particles. Finally, fill the bong part way with some of the warm water you’re using.
3. Disassemble your bong. Take it apart so that the individual pieces can be cleaned. Remove all movable parts, including the pipe and mouthpiece. As you take your bong apart, check for any damage such as chips or cracks. You’ll need to replace any damaged pieces before using your bong again.
4. Add coarse salt and rubbing alcohol to your bong. Next, you’ll need to add an abrasive and a cleaner into the base of the bong so that they can work together to clean the inside. Coarse salt and isopropyl alcohol typically work best for this, but you can also use vinegar and rice or baking soda.
- Alternatively, you can use something like Formula 420, in which case skip the salt. Pour it in and proceed as normal.
5. Plug the holes and shake it up. Use your hands, fingers, and thumbs to plug or block the open holes of the bong so that your abrasive and cleaner don’t cause a big mess. Shake it for about five minutes to get the best possible result.