3 Ways to Clean a Bong
Nothing ruins the taste of a good smoke like a dirty bong. Fortunately, there are some pretty easy and reliable ways to clean your bong both generally and extensively. To make and keep your bong clean, do basic cleaning, get those tough areas and stains, and take good care of your bong.
Method 2 Cleaning Tough Areas and Stains
1. Presoak your bong in warm water and dish soap. If your bong is especially dirty, it might be best to soak it in a sink, basin, or bathtub full of warm water and just a squirt of dish soap. Let your bong soak for about an hour or two before you start the cleaning process.
- Be very conservative with the dish soap. If you use too much, your bong might produce an unpleasant soapy aftertaste the next several times you smoke.
2. Soak small pieces in plastic bags. Put all of the small pieces of your bong into resealable bags with about a tablespoon of coarse salt. Fill the resealable bag with enough rubbing alcohol to completely submerge the pieces. Shake the bags for a few seconds and then let the pieces soak for several minutes. Then, rinse them off with clean water.
3. Use a cotton swab or pipe cleaner. Use either plastic cotton swabs or pipe cleaners to scrub around the nooks and crannies of your bong, where resin and water stains are harder to reach and remove. Dip them in a little bit of rubbing alcohol before scrubbing.
4. Get rid of water stains with lemon juice. To easily remove water stains in your bong, put some warm water and lemon juice in the base and swish it around. Then, rinse your bong out with cold water.