Growing up my Father owned a gas station/convenience store. He would bring home to my brother and sister a big box of “Super Bubble” gum. This bubble gum was nothing but sugar, lost its flavor in 2 minutes or less, but man could you blow fantastic bubbles. I can’t count how many times my Mom used peanut butter to get the stuck gum out of my hair. This bubble gum is very much like ” Super Bubble” gum.
Infused Bubble Gum
- Parchment lined cookie sheet
- Rolling Pin
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Mix in a small glass bowl, gum paste, corn syrup, and glycerin
- Heat in microwave for one minute, stir.
- Heat in increments of 10 seconds until mixture is fully melted
- Pour ½ of the canna powdered sugar onto the prepared cookie sheet and form a well
- Remove gum mixture from microwave and pour into the formed well
- Knead powdered sugar into the gum mix. Continue to knead and mix until all sugar
- Roll into a rope and cut into pieces
- Roll in canna sugar
- Store in a cold airtight container
ProTip: To make infused powdered sugar. Add canna sugar and cornstarch to a blender. Blend till combined and to a fine powder. ½ of canna sugar to ½ tbs of cornstarch will equal 1 cup of powdered sugar.
You can use flavored extract or even dry jello mix to flavor your gum
Gum Mix can be purchased from most stores that have a large baking section. I purchased the gum pellets from Michaels some time ago.
My husband was excited about the project. We each made a flavor. He kneaded and pulled the gum mix more than I did. His gum came out harder in texture than mine but for some reason, his flavor was better.