Make Cannabis Infused Gummies with Distillate
Making homemade cannabis-infused gummies with distillate is another crowd-pleaser and easy to do, though dosing can be a bit tricky with these tiny treats (more on that in a minute). Check out the simple recipe below:
What You'll Need:
- 1 Cup Fruit puree or fruit juice
- ¼ Cup water
- 1 ½ Tablespoon of gelatin, or for vegan folks, agar is a fine substitute
- 4 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- ⅛ Teaspoon pink salt
- 1 gram cannabis distillate (pro tip: divide the total milligrams of the distillate by the number of gummies to figure out the approximate dosage per gummy) or use this calculator.
- Heat the fruit puree or juice in a medium saucepan over medium heat
- With puree heating, pour gelatin and water in a bowl and mix until well-dissolved
- When puree reaches a low boil, add granulated sugar and pink salt, then mix until dissolved
- Slowly add the water and gelatin mixture to the puree, stirring constantly, for about three minutes
- Add the cannabis distillate and stir until thoroughly combined to ensure homogenization (if you have a candy thermometer handy, ensure that the fruit puree is below 350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Pour or scrape your gummy mix into a turkey baster syringe for transfer into the gummy molds. Handle with care, it will be hot!
- Fill the molds and let it sit at room temperature for twenty minutes
- After 20 minutes have passed, place molds in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes or until gummies set
- After the gummies are set, remove them from the mold and toss them with granulated sugar to keep them from sticking
- Voila! Your homemade gummies are ready to eat!
Now that you’ve got a couple of recipes handy, you’ll need to find a great distillate for your at-home cannabis culinary adventures. Distillates have are known to be some of the purest extracts on the market and for good reason. Distillation removes everything but the desired cannabinoid, including extraction compounds like hydrocarbons, any plant matter, and pesticides. The end product should be a light yellow with excellent clarity. So, what’s for dessert?
Have you ever made homemade edibles with distillate? Share your experiences, as well as any tips or tricks, in the comments below!