Since I still have a large container of gum mix and Skittle dust left, I decided to make infused mints similar to “Altoids” I flavored them with Luann’s Cinnamon Oil. This extract is powerful, and a little bit goes a long way so go easy with this stuff!
Infused Cinnamon Altoids
- Parchment lined cookie sheet
- Metal straw to form candies
- 1 cup dry gum paste
- 1 tbs water
- ¼ cup infused Skittle Dust
- Cinnamon oil to Taste
- Red Food Coloring
- In a bowl, mix the gum paste, water, and cinnamon oil until combined into a thick paste
- Prepare parchment-lined cookie sheet and place the skittle dust on the center of the
prepared cookie sheet
- Place the gum mix on the prepared cookie sheet and knead into the skittle dust.
- Add food coloring and continue to add the skittle dust until completely combined
- Press with your hands the mixture to the thickness of ¼”
- Use metal straws to punch out circles of the mints. You can also roll into a rope and cut
small pieces ad roll them into balls
- Air dry for 24-48 hours. You can also dry in the oven at the lowest setting (180F) for 2-3
- Dust one more time and place mints in a mesh strainer and shake off excess skittle dust
- I had a cute little tin that pipe screens can in. I used this for storing and caring in my
purse. Mints will last for 3 months.