The day after Thanksgiving is a spiritual time. Uncle Ken and his poorly-constructed political musings have left your house; Cousin Karen and her combined gluten/nut allergies have packed up her precisely marked Tupperware containers; and you’ve got a ton of leftover turkey, stuffing, gravy, and mashed potatoes filling your fridge.
It’s high time for a little relaxation. And what better way to ease into the weekend than with some cannabis-infused Thanksgiving leftovers?
Mashed Potato Croquettes Fried in Cannabutter
2 large egg yolks
2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
¼ cup finely chopped green onions
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
½ cup finely-grated cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons cannabutter* (for frying)
4 large eggs
2 cups breadcrumbs
- Mix egg yolks, mashed potatoes, cheddar cheese, green onions, and flour in a medium mixing bowl.
- Roll into small 1 ½ inch balls, then if possible, chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Beat eggs in a bowl, and place breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil and cannabutter in a medium pan to medium-high until oil and butter have combined well and are bubbling.
- Dip potato balls in egg, then roll in breadcrumbs until well covered.
- Fry in cannabutter and vegetable oil until golden brown, approx. 4 minutes. Rest on paper towels.
Note: The amount of cannabis butter specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabutter and the potency you desire.