The day after Thanksgiving is a spiritual time. Uncle Ken and his poorly-constructed political musings have left your house; Cousin Karen and her combined gluten/nut allergies have packed up her precisely marked Tupperware containers; and you’ve got a ton of leftover turkey, stuffing, gravy, and mashed potatoes filling your fridge.
It’s high time for a little relaxation. And what better way to ease into the weekend than with some cannabis-infused Thanksgiving leftovers?
Turkey French Dip Sandwich With Cannabutter-Loaded Gravy
¼ cup leftover cranberry sauce
1 ½ cups of leftover gravy
1 cup leftover stuffing
2 sourdough hoagie rolls
2 cups leftover turkey meat, shredded
1 tablepoon of cannabutter*
4 slices of provolone cheese (optional)
- In a small pot, mix 1 cup of gravy with 1 teaspoon of cannabutter over low heat, until all is dissolved and combined.
- Slowly add boiling water to gravy until the sauce is thin enough to recreate the consistency of a sandwich dip.
- Heat turkey with remaining half cup of gravy in a small pot.
- Toast hoagie roll until crispy, then spread mayo, mustard, and cranberry sauce on both sides.
- Place turkey and leftover stuffing on roll, as well as cheese if you like. Serve with canna-infused gravy dip.
Note: The amount of cannabis butter specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabutter and the potency you desire.