Here is a simple recipe to make cannabis hard candy. Hard candy is an easy way to administer a dose without actually smoking cannabis especially for children or the elderly. Hard candy is also a very discreet way to ingest cannabis, there will be no smoke or smell to hide, nobody will be the wiser.
Whether it is for others or for yourself, be mindful of the dosage in the candy for everybody’s sake. You can also use the recipe to make lollipops if you want to, just get the lollipop sticks.
You will need:
- 1/4 cup Cannabutter/butter or 1-2 tablespoons of the tincture.
- Please note, for this recipe you will need a butter component and a cannabis component. If you want a low cannabis dosage or this is your first foray into edibles, you can use regular butter and then add cannabis later through the tincture. If you can handle the potency, you may use cannabutter and later add tincture too.
- 3/4 cup sugar.
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup.
- 1 Box (3 oz) Jello of any flavor you like.
- Candy thermometer.
- Small heavy saucepan
- 20 lollipop sticks or candy molds.
- The process for creating hard candy is very time-sensitive at the end, so you should have everything prepared before you start
- If you are making lollipops or using a candy mold, grease them before you start. You don’t want your candy sticking to the surfaces. If you are using the icing sugar mold, you don’t have to worry about this.
- In the pan, while on low heat, pour in the butter, sugar, and corn syrup. Stir until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Slowly bring the mixture to a boil while stirring. Mind the mixture at all times, it is very hot and can burn you.
- You can now use the candy thermometer. Place it in the pot and let the mixture boil till it reaches 275 degrees. All the while stirring frequently.
- Remember, the final part of this recipe needs you to act swiftly.
- When it reaches 275 degrees you can remove the thermometer then pour in the Jello and tincture then stir rapidly till the whole mixture is smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat and use a metal spoon to collect the mixture from the saucepan and pour it into the molds. Once again, be swift with pouring the mixture into the molds because it sets very quickly as it cools. Please be careful, the mixture is very hot.
- Do not cool the candy in the fridge.
- Once the hard candy or lollipops have cooled, you can lightly coat them in icing sugar, this will prevent them from sticking to each other.
You can boil your cooking utensils and thermometer in the pan with soapy water for a quick clean.
If you do not have mold, it’s ok there is a workaround. Simply create a layer of icing sugar by spreading it on a pan. Create dents in the icing sugar the size that you would want to make the candy into, and you have your candy mold.