CBD offers a wide range of benefits, and not just for humans! Your feline companions can also enjoy a variety of potential health benefits from hemp and CBD, including alleviated anxiety, soothed chronic pain, improved digestive health, and more! CBD is effective for dogs and cats as well as humans because we all share an endocannabinoid system.
Our body’s endocannabinoid system is in charge of regulating sleep patterns, appetite, and general mood. Our bodies already produce cannabinoids in their regulation of emotion and sleep – ingesting CBD can trigger the release of more. Because this system exists in both humans and our pets, we see similar effects and benefits in all parties. It’s true that animals metabolize CBD and other cannabinoids slightly differently than humans.
- 2 medium-size sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Brothers CBD Coconut Oil (Estimated 10-13MG CBD per tbsp. Estimated 1 tbsp per stick.)
- 1/4 cup gelatin powder
- 1 can (drained) tuna or sardines
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to a medium-size bowl.
- Use a fork to mix everything together.
- Make sure all large pieces of fish and sweet potato are evenly mashed and incorporated.
- Add a little extra coconut flour if needed to get a dough that is roughly the consistency of Play-Doh.
- Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls and mash down with a fork to form little “cookies.”Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool completely before serving to your feline friend!
Store in the refrigerator for up to several weeks or in the freezer for up to several months.